Sunday, September 27, 2009

Regency GLOM!

For the past week, I have been ordering one Regency romance after another from Paperback Swap. I can't stop myself - PBS has what seems like an inexhaustible supply of these little novels. (Luckily, I had built up a pretty sizable credit reserve!) I have 11 ordered, two on their way to me and several more on my reminder list. Now let's see if I can be patient while waiting for them all to arrive!

Lest you think I've been ordering willy-nilly, with no regard for QUALITY, I have been making good use of the review archives at All About Romance. Most of the books I've ordered or plan to order received their stamp of approval with an A or B grade. I also found a few Regency recommendations at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books (a really fun blog to visit, especially when it comes to reviews of bad books! Some of their D and F reviews had my belly aching with laughter.)

So just when will I make the time to read all these books, you say? Well, I feel a Regency reading glom coming on! My only dilemma is deciding what to read first. (Fortuitously, in Jean Plaidy's Georgian Saga, I have reached the books detailing the exploits of the Prince Regent himself. I plan to work a couple of those into my romance-reading time, as I'd like to finish the entire saga by the end of the year.)

So, to those who read my humble blog, if Regencies aren't your thing, I apologize in advance for the plethora of reviews I'll be posting. Bear with me. I expect that within a matter of weeks I'll return to my regularly scheduled reading.

(Although I am thinking of starting 2010 with a historical-mystery glom. Consider yourself warned.)

1 comment:

Misfit said...

You go right ahead and have a Regency fest. I've had terrible luck with this genre and still looking for something decent. You might find one for me :)